Planning is a well documented management tool for organizations and has been emphasized in public libraries for several decades. Specifically, long-range planning:
- explains the library program to others
- identifies priorities, strengths and weaknesses
- provides an anchor for the development of a budget
- articulates connections with the larger organization
- provides a blueprint for future development
- creates a clear sense of purpose
- provides the basis for ongoing evaluation
It is drafted with the input of the community, and library goals and actionable objectives are set for 3 – 5 years, covering fiscal years 2021 – 2026.
Dighton Public Library’s Strategic Plan. The strategic plan includes all of the supporting documentation to bring us to this working document.